way out here
1) I take command of all the armies. We invade the Moon. We sip silver light and plunder the scalp medicine.
2) My dermatologist succumbs to voodoo prayer rituals of Mission Street storefronts at three in the morning.
3) The pharmacist was bleeding from one eye. He returned, drunk, to the pharmacy on a Sunday evening after being turned away from a dinner party. I gave him a home-made collage of prescriptions and threatened him with a flame-thrower. "I need something," I told him. "A burial in pill form. A pill-shaped burial of all the sunsets."
4) I gave up on searching for a hand to hold. I sink into brighter lights. Distance killed everyone I used to know.
5) Way out here. I am alone. Way out here.